About Me

My photo
Canada
I am a wife and mother who is on a journey to find the silver lining in every rain cloud.

Magnolia-licious


Pages

Challenges

I Designed For

Powered by Blogger.

Counter

Clock

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to My 4 year old!


Today is my son's birthday and he's turning 4! He requested a card with a purple dinosaur, so here's what I created for him. While I was at it, I decided to cater to a few challenges and one of them was to use a technique that I hadn't done in a while and so I chose to play with my brayer. I haven't used that in a year or more, but I really like how the background turned out. I coloured the image, which is another adorable fairy stamp from Paper Makeup Stamps called Carter the Dino fairy, with Copics.

Challenges Entered:


16 comments:

Dawn said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at TMS!

Heather B said...

Beautiful background!! Love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Shopping Our Stash. We hope to see you again soon.

Danni said...

So very cute! Love the buttons! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Christine said...

Love the brayered background, Jenny! Adorable card! And a very happy birthday to your son :)

cardmaking bird said...

Happy Birthday to your little one!! What a cute image - and the brayed background is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash - hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Marie xx

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is gorgeous. Love the image, the buttons and your coloring is wonderful!
Hugs
Tanya

Melissa Craig said...

Happy birthday to your son! Your card is fabulous, I love all the buttons. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Crystal said...

LOVE your brayered background & all those buttons! Your son must have loved the purple dinosaur :)
Thanks for joining us at SOS!

Helen Dooley said...

Too sweet. Thanks so much for playing along with us Jenny at For Fun.

Jennifer Scull said...

oh please tell you son Happy belated birthday! what a wonderful card! :) I hope y'all had a great time celebrating!

CarlaKH said...

So cute! Love that dino! Glad you joined us at SOS this week! :)

Michelle VP said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the fun background you created for your son's purple dinosaur! :)

darcy48 said...

Lovely card for a little boy love the image Arlinex

Kristin Eberline said...

I love the dinosaur! And fabulous use of buttons!

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!!

Embley Veronica said...

Adorable image and I love the richly colored background. Thanks for joining us this week at For Fun Challenges!

Deb said...

aaahhh, that is so sweet! Beautiful card! Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday challenge this week! Debxx